Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
An opportunity to grow your expereince and skills with a unique client portfolio
Join a firm that holds work/life balance as an essential value
Demonstrate your Business services skills in an office 10 minutes from the beach
About Us: We are a fun and relaxed bunch of accountants, bookkeepers and SMSF administrators. We seriously love our jobs and our clients but we also believe there has to be a work/life balance to remain happy and healthy.
Job Description: Your role as an experienced senior tax accountant is to manage all client accounting and tax compliance whilst promoting Orbit Accounting's promise of delivering accounting in a simple, easy to use way.
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns for individuals, sole traders,
- Preparing and presenting tax planning, budgets, cash flow analysis and strategy for individuals, sole traders, partnerships, companies and trusts.
- Preparing and completion of quarterly and monthly BAS and IAS.
- Ensuring all workpapers and quality assurance is maintained at the highest level.
- Bookkeeping on cloud-based accounting software.
- Liaising with the ATO, ASIC and any other government departments.
- Assisting General Manager with implementation of accounting procedures to ensure increased efficiency.
- Managing own workflow to ensure deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
- Client liaison using simple, easy to understand language.
- Ongoing learning of new cloud-based systems.
- Assisting Client Manager with accounting matters
- 6 Years' experience in tax preparation.
- Have an accounting/commerce degree as a minimum as well as completion of CPA/CA.
- Can articulate tax matters in simple, easy to understand way and have an easy-going communication style
- Ideally have experience using Xero tax, but not essential.
- Be passionate about helping people
- Not need someone to manage your workload
- Love learning new things
- Be proactive and a problem solver
- Be a nice, down to earth person
partnerships, companies and trusts.