AO5 Communication Officer
Brisbane North, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Government AO5 Communication Officer
Communication Officer AO5
Short-term contract, full-time position
- To promote and provide professional communications and engagement services including communications, media relations, events, marketing, community and stakeholder engagement to dedicated business areas, through the development and maintenance of effective and meaningful business partnerships aligned to and integrated with the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Fulfil the accountabilities of this role in accordance with the organisation's core values, as outlined above.
- Undertake a variety of media and communications activities, including the production and dissemination of marketing materials in consultation with clients, to support the delivery of the Communications and Engagement Operational Plan, whilst experiencing the type of work a well-functioning communications and engagement function undertakes.
- Assist in identifying and responding to communications and engagement needs by appropriately gathering and sourcing information for analysis, undertaking report production and creating communication material as requested to provide comprehensive, accurate and timely responses.
- Contribute to and support the delivery of consistent communications messages in strategic communication, media, marketing, and community and stakeholder engagement activities for clients, adhering to relevant policies, standards and legislative requirements, and providing feedback on recommendations for improvements to line manager.
- Build and establish strong, meaningful and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote and advocate the achievement of the organisation's strategic goals.
- Work collaboratively with team members across the Communications and Engagement team to ensure effective, coordinated and aligned communications services, advice and support.
- Contribute to business performance and productivity by proactively responding to improvement opportunities and business challenges in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the identification of communication risks, escalate to the appropriate senior officers and assist in the development of appropriate risk management strategies.
- Balance service delivery excellence with managing, promoting and monitoring compliance with legislation, standards and the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a reasonable awareness of the changing environment and contribute to the implementation of plans and operational changes that respond to them.
- Contribute to the provision and application of robust policies, systems and processes and communications and engagement best practice in line with industry guidelines and codes of conduct to ensure service quality.
- Design, develop and produce meaningful, cost effective and appropriately branded communications and engagement materials.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reply to Vera Geng with your resume in Microsoft Word format in response to this ad by clicking Apply below.