APS 5 Executive Assistant
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posted on: 21/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
6 Month non-ongoing contract with potential for extension
Located in the Parliamentary Triangle
Baseline clearance essential
Exciting opportunity for experienced EA to support a team of SES Officers within a highly regarded Government Agency.
This role will suit a dynamic EA who prides themselves in their exceptional organisational skills, their superior stakeholder liaison skills and their ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities in this diverse and rewarding role will include:
- Provision of high level executive and administrative support to SES and Divisional Staff
- Extensive internal and external stakeholder liaison
- Letter and document development and writing
- Supervising and logistical support
- Meeting and event management
- Coordinating the activities of a program, project, initiative or specialist task
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Australian Citizenship and current Baseline clearance essential
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Strong time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Articulate written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work calmly and effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Uncompromised attention to detail
- A proactive can-do disposition with a track record of demonstrating initiative
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Suite skills
- The ability to apply a high level of confidentiality, judgement and initiative to all situations
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded Government Agency in a six-month non-ongoing contract role with the potential for extension. You will be a pivotal administrative support go to person within this Senior group of professionals and a key player within the wider EA network.
In addition to proven experience providing executive and administrative support, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
This role will not be vacant for long so register your interest without delay!
Like to know more? To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Barry-Nguyen in our Canberra office on 02 6229 1568, quoting Ref No. 1B/08669. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.