Perth, WA, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Based in Fremantle
9 Month Contract
Free Parking Available
We're currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant with 3+ years commercial experience to join a small finance team of 4. You will be working in a close knit environment, but also have the ability to work independently and show strong initiative. This position is initially a 9 month contract with possible extension.
The successful candidate must possess solid communication skills as you will be dealing with a large volume of creditors and suppliers and must have great attention to detail for high level reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complex bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Analysis and interpretation of monthly results and follow up on significant variances
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management accounts
- Responsible for end of month input and journals
- Daily receipting and payment allocation
- Collection of overdue debtors account
- Assisting with budgets and forecasting and cash flow projections
- Assist with accounts payable
- Accounting qualification (Studying towards CA/CPA is preferred)
- Experience with using multiple ERP systems
- 3+ years post graduate commercial experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Training on systems & processes will be provided, however we're searching for a hands on enthusiastic individual who can hit the ground running.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Coulter in our Perth office on 08 9323 0248, quoting Ref No. 6B/17083.