Business Development Manager
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Salary: AUD 150000.00 -> 150000.00 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Global Software Solutions Firm
Strong reputation and contracts to leverage into Commercial Sector
Canberra based | National BDM role
About the Company
You will get to join a dynamic global software company who specialise in Workforce and Resource Planning. With solid contracts in industries such as Health, Defence, Petroleum industry and the Leisure market, the company is in the next 'phase' with a recently developed solution.
You will be joining a company who has built a very strong reputation in the Canberra market with Federal Government and who are now looking to explore opportunities around Mining, Civil Construction and Security in Australia.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is a hunter style role. Reporting to the Global Sales Director in London and partnering with the Country Manager here in Canberra, the BDM is responsible for driving new business across Australia in the commercial sector.
By actively engaging with clients & partners, you will be responsible for driving solution sales through to conclusion such as implementation, ongoing technical support and licensing. As the successful BDM, you will have a solid track record of success selling ICT solutions and implementation into both the Commercial and Government sector.
The BDM is responsible for achieving budget growth in the short term while contributing to developing sustainable growth in the long term.
Duties will include;
- Ongoing identification, development and assessment of business opportunities in the Commercial Sector across industries such as Mining, Civil Engineering and the Security Industry.
- All areas of work in a sales cycle, including but not limited to: cold calling, prospecting, meeting prospects, developing relationships and preparing proposals
- Managing and achieving a sales quota for both short & long term opportunities
- Creating and managing specifically targeted sales campaigns
- Update and maintain an accurate CRM database
- Collaborate with various teams and actively contribute and participate in decision making to improve team and business outcomes
- Proven Sales experience
- preferably in ICT Software Solutions
- 5 years experience in sales and business development
- Proven track record in managing and meeting sales targets and budgets
- Well-connected with strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers in organisations,
- A willingness to learn and a passion for sales. A self-starter, with high energy levels and a positive "can do" attitude
- Honesty, integrity, trust and commitment together with solid communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
Skills and Experience
In return for your skills and demonstrated experience as a BDM, you will be rewarded with a rewarding salary and OTE component along with full technical support from Head Office in London and Australian operations in Sydney.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Gibbs on 02 6229 1571 or Ray Yang 02 6229 1575 quoting Ref No: 1B/08711