Business Development Specialist.
Sydney Inner, NSW, Australia
Posted on: 3/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
Newcastle Based Opportunity
Facilitating the Transfer of Knowledge
This exciting position will be responsible for delivering expert advice and leadership objectives within a world class institution, based in Newcastle. The role provides a critical link in facilitating the transfer of knowledge, technology and research between internal stakeholders to commercial partners.
As the Innovation expert you will provide a commercial interface that focuses on; the Identification, protection and commercialisation of novel technologies developed by researchers; promoting such activities to potential research sponsors and collaborators, licensees and / or investors.
Reporting to the team Business Development Manager, it is imperative for the Business Development Specialist to achieve the strategic objectives within the department and ensure that economic value is fully identified, captured and distributed to the various stakeholders.
Overall, you will:
- Develop and implement engagement strategies;
- Proactively engage with industry and business communities to promote research skills and expertise;
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop sponsored proposals and see them through to submission;
- Lead the development and facilitation of information and events to support an understanding of industry trends. Also to understand and pursue opportunities available for sponsored research revenue through commercial opportunities;
- Work in conjunction with the wider team to ensure successful contract, IP and risk management.
- Postgraduate qualifications or be working towards postgraduate qualifications, or have extensive proven expertise in a strategic role;
- Effectively build report and collaboratively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders including industry representatives, funding bodies, and government agencies;
- Keep abreast of new and emerging developments and issues within the community and government sectors;
- Be experienced in managing multiple projects working with cross-functional teams to deliver outcomes within tight and competing deadlines; and
- Successfully lead professional development forums which support partnership initiatives, entrepreneurial thinking and innovative solutions.
In order to excel in this role you must have the following skills and experience:
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a world class facility, working to achieve extraordinary results in innovation and discovery!
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andy Hendra in our Newcastle office on 02 4927 2233. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.