Civil Project Manager
Perth, WA, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Job type: Permanent
Perth based role with site visits
Manage a large portfolio of mining projects
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy that provides turnkey services to the Mining & Resources sector here in Western Australia. They are industry leaders and due to their technical excellence manage to secure repeat business and have an exciting portfolio of projects.
About the Role
In this role, you will provide leadership and direction to Site Supervisors, sub-contractors and support staff working across a variety of open cut and underground mining projects. You will manage multiple projects concurrently to achieve all objectives including scoping, planning, delivery, quality, budget, schedule and most importantly safety.
Further, it will be your responsibility to ensure that the commercial requirements of the contract are well understood along with reviewing and approving any deviations to the projects plan and schedule and managing the resource requirements.
- Bachelor of Engineering specialising in Civil, Geotechnical or Mining
- Minimum of 5 years site based experience here in WA.
- Experience managing mid to large geotechnical, civil or drilling projects.
- Commercial acumen and able to understand contract requirements.
- Confident developing proposals and compiling detailed estimates of works.
- Must have worked in a contracting or consultancy environment.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong people manager and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrative experience in effective HSQE management
- Hold a current WA manual drivers licence
- Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens and/or hold Australian Permanent Residency.
- Permanent position based in Perth CBD
- Lifestyle friendly Monday to Friday roster although some site based work will be required
- Attractive remuneration package
- Collaborative working environment
- Work on a variety of projects all over Australia
What's on Offer?
Like to Know More?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nic Taylor on (08) 9323 0237
Due to an expected high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.