Communications Advisors - Local Government
Melbourne East, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 15/03/2017
Salary: 45.00 -> 50.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Approx. $45 - $50 per hour plus Super
Full time, 3 month contract, immediate start
Eastern suburb location
About the role:
Our client, a local government body, is currently seeking experienced Communications Advisors to undertake a 3 month contract operating within the Communications Division. As the Communications Advisor, you will be responsible for enhancing communication and engagement opportunities through strategic integrated communications in line with organisational objectives and stakeholder expectations. Reporting directly to the Communications Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop customer focussed campaign strategies that deliver on organisational goals and objectives for major projects, launches and events
- Coordinate and/or assist in the design, implementation and management of communication strategies for major community engagement exercises to ensure that community information and engagement needs are being met
- Coordinate and deliver campaigns from conception through to launch
- Coordinate delivery of the project, including project plan development, implementation, reporting and budget management
- Develop content for campaigns and overall Communications Strategy, including for dm/edm, web content, editorial collateral, social media
- Build strong and open relationships with all key stakeholders and actively manage all stakeholder expectations
- Identify and advise key stakeholders on media opportunities
Skills and Experience:
As well as having a confident and outgoing personality, the skills and experience you will need to demonstrate include:
- Proficiency in developing and implementing integrated communication strategies to achieve optimum stakeholder engagement
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to adapt messages to suit different audiences and communications channels
- Proficiency in data and analytics to develop targeted, highly segmented communication campaigns
- Proven media management skills
- Track record managing multiple communication projects simultaneously and delivering on deadline to achieve the desired outcomes
- Ability to liaise with and collaborate effectively with all levels of management, staff and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Proven ability to proactively identify opportunities to deliver communications to promote an organisation's objectives and achievements through a broad range of channels
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Marketing or journalism
- Certificate in Engagement from the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
How to apply?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below forwarding a copy of your resume and cover letter highlighting your communications experience and your suitability for the role. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Edgardo Robinson on 03 9535 8240 quoting Ref No. 3A/23364.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.