Communications and Stakeholder Advisor - Public Transport
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Salary: 50.00 -> 55.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Approx. $50-$55 per hour plus Super dependent on experience
Full-time, 6-8 week contract assignment with an immediate start
About the role:
Our government client is currently seeking an experienced Communications and Stakeholder Advisor to join their busy team. As the Communications and Stakeholder Advisor, you will develop and implement communications and stakeholder engagement strategies to support infrastructure projects being developed and delivered by the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
Reporting directly into the Communications and Stakeholder Relations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing strategic stakeholder /community engagement and communications strategies to support infrastructure projects
- Building strong relationships with affected communities and stakeholders
- Creating strong relationships with communications delivery partners and construction contractor agencies
- Generating public materials that are of a high quality and ensuring that technical or sensitive information is provided in an appropriate format.
- Experience in communications, stakeholder relations, community engagement, issues management and media management with an infrastructure or transport focus
- Proven ability to prepare and implement strategies in the above areas
- Sound issues management skills and ability to identify and escalate issues and provide proactive communications advice on sensitive matter
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage competing priorities and demands in a fast-paced infrastructure or project-based environment
- Ability to set expectations of delivery agency partners and manage communications to ensure positive outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and negation skills with the ability to develop effective working relations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Policy or equivalent
Experience and Skills:
As well as having a vibrant and outgoing personality, the skills and experience you will need to demonstrate include:
You will be rewarded with experience working in a highly functioning government organisation and be part of a supportive and experienced team.
How to apply?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Edgardo Robinson on 03 9535 8240 quoting Ref No. BZ/42465.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.