Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Work on integrated Government Response and 5-year plan
Immediate Start | VPS6 Level role
Short Term Contract | Till 31 July
As Communications Manager you will be responsible for managing the development of a single integrated report that meets legislative requirements for both the Government Response and 5-year plan and the content for a public web page to be launched in conjunction with the release of the report. To be successful, you will have a solid understanding of government processes and be confident coordinating and liaising with Department stakeholders.
This contract really requires you to deliver and comprises of two parts. The first to deliver the report, and the second to deliver the Communications 'implementation ' strategy. The report is already written, and you will be responsible for developing, reviewing, providing edits, proofreading and procuring a designer to produce the final product. The Communications Strategy is also written, but in very skeleton form. You will be responsible for fleshing it out, using the project schedule to include Communication milestones. You will work closely with the Strategic Communications and Digital Communications team, but will remain embedded in the project team yourself.
This is a short term role, with the current end date set to be 31 July. I'm looking for a contractor who will be able to fully commit to this timeframe.
- Provide document oversight of the response to meet Government communication standards fit for a public audience.
- Provide specialist communication advice and services across all communication including digital communications, internal communications and final publication.
- Execute the communications plan for the lead up and announcement of the publication (written report and web page).
- Prepare accurate, clear communications that conform to Government standards, style guides, and other policies and practices.
- Finalise the tone of the publication including editing, proofreading and general support in development.
- Manage procurement for a graphic designer and printing of the final published report.
- Deliver a final result of the publication which is presented in an innovative and engaging format which will set a benchmark for future reports.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in DPC Strategic Communications, including Digital
- Essential : Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in Communications or similar
- Public Sector experience delivering in a similar role is mandatory
You will have a solid understanding of working in Government, and demonstrated ability to delivering in project Communications environments. Your stakeholder management is strong, as is your ability to deliver very high level written communications.
Why apply with Hudson?
Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we value our contractors. We hope for a long and lasting relationship with you. You are not just another application to us. We work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities over and again, searching extensively for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please click Apply Now! For a confidential discussion, please contact Renee Noble at Hudson in Melbourne on 03 9623 6794.