Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Advisor -Infrastructure
Melbourne West, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 15/03/2017
Salary: 50.00 -> 55.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Approx. $50-$55 per hour plus Super dependent on experience
Full-time, 3-6 month contract, immediate start
Inner West suburbs
About the role
Our government client is currently seeking an experienced Communications and Stakeholder Relations Advisor to join them on a 3-6 month contract. You will work on exciting infrastructure projects as well as be continually challenged on a daily basis. As the Communication and Stakeholder Relations Advisor, you will responsible for the delivery of communications and engagement activities for high profile and sensitive project in planning and construction.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting directly into the Communications and Stakeholder Relations Manager, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support the project delivery teams to provide advice on project specific matters for example active planning for road closures and road opening strategies.
- Challenge and advise on operational impact for closures, detours, road openings and general construction methodology, staging and sequencing.
- Active participation in meetings to provide community and stakeholder perspective
- Proactive Community and stakeholder engagement collateral including: Events, posters, mail outs, venue bookings, advertisements, brochures, flyers, newsletters, community displays, engagement opportunities, milestones, photo and media opportunities, arrange photography and maintain images
- Preparing communications material, FAQs, website content, media releases
- Support the development of PowerPoint presentations
- support the project team in responding to community enquiries
Experience and Skills
As well as having a vibrant and outgoing personality, the skills and experience you will need to demonstrate include:
- Experience in communications, stakeholder relations, and issues management with a primary focus on community engagement (essential)
- Proven ability to prepare and implement strategies within infrastructure projects
- Sound issues management skills and ability to identify and escalate issues
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently manage competing priorities and demands in a fast-paced infrastructure or project-based environment
- Strong interpersonal and negation skills with the ability to develop effective working relations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and administrative skills
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent
You will be rewarded with experience working in a highly functioning government organisation and be part of a supportive and experienced team.
How to apply?
If the above sounds like you, please apply online using the appropriate link below forwarding a copy of your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and suitability for the role. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Edgardo Robinson on 03 9535 8240 quoting Ref No.3A/23535.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.