Drainage Engineer - Infrastructure or Land Development
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
Various Opportunities - Contract/Permanent
Major Land Development or Infrastructure Projects
CBD Locations at Impressive Offices
Civil Engineer - Drainage
This is an opportunity for a skilled Civil Engineer or Designer to work with a multi-disciplined, global engineering consultancy and a leader within the Civil Infrastructure and Land Development space worldwide.
Our client are keen on hiring individuals with a passion for infrastructure design and a strong value in quality of work, innovation and proactive project involvement. This career opportunity will allow the right candidate to step in to major projects and be involved in a full design process from concept to completion.
This is a consultancy capable of providing technical support to the right candidate across multiple design packages and would drive an experienced Engineer in to further career progression through proactive project involvement, strong support and some of the best infrastructure opportunities in Melbourne.
Our client are global multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with large local project involvement across major highways and rail infrastructure, land development and environmental sectors and an excellent future pipeline of Civil projects in Melbourne.
Our client is capable of providing the modern technology and support necessary to remain successful across the changing face of the engineering environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work across major Melbourne projects as well as throughout Australia.
This is a role which will include the following duties;
- Major involvement throughout Infrastructure and Development drainage design using a variety of design software packages; 12D, Civil3D or AutoCAD, potentially MUSIC
- Designing across various major Victorian and Australian infrastructure projects, with a specialist focus on Drainage design across multiple environments
- Input in to technical meetings and advising stakeholders and varied engineering specialists
- Preparation and review of technical reports
- Mentoring and development of Drafters and fellow Designers
- Ensuring correct Council processes and frameworks are understood and adhered to
- Keeping regular contact with clients across project timelines
Our client are interested in hearing from candidates who can supply evidence of the following;
- Relevant civil engineering qualification ideal
- Understanding of Victoria design standards and VicRoads procedures
- Experienced in any civil design software such as 12D, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Microstation, MUSIC etc.
- Proven background in civil drainage design
- Committed professional with experience in varied infrastructure or land development projects
- Innovative and creative Civil Designer or Engineer
- High levels of professionalism and communication skills
- Ability to work across a project lifecycle with knowledge in design and delivery
This is opportunity to step in to a global engineering consultancy and take charge of local civil engineering projects with long-term security, excellent ability to make an impact in a professional engineering office and take part in varied fast-paced project work.
If you are interested in growing your career within Civil Engineering further across broader Engineering, Design or Drafting roles please apply online using the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Oliver Thomson Melbourne office on 03 9623 6612.