Perth, WA, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will manage the engineering and maintenance function to ensure that equipment is maintained to perform at optimum levels. The role provides direction and guidance to a team of Maintenance Planners and tradespeople ensuring safety, production, cost, compliance, planning, reporting and plant improvement outcomes are achieved.
In addition to the maintenance activities, the role is required to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in process, systems and equipment as well as manage nominated capital projects.
To be considered for the role applicants would need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrated experience in a management role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Current WA Drivers License
- Strong understanding of maintenance work management principals
- The ability to lead and motive people to continuously improve
- The ability to plan, organise and control project and maintenance activities to optimise the use of available resources.
- Budgeting and cost control
- A passion for success and are driven by results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills including management of staff, knowledge of HR principals, dispute resolution, agreement negotiations and discipline.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of OH&S regulations
- Applicants must reside in Australia and have current work rights. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This is a permanent role based in Perth
- Competitive remuneration package
- Take full ownership of the day to day maintenance of a busy manufacturing plant.
- Secure role working for a national company
What's on Offer?
Like to Know More?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nic Taylor on (08) 9323 0237