Engineering Management Roles - Transport Canberra Light Rail
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posted on: 17/04/2017
Job type: Permanent
Join ACT Government's High Calibre Project Team
City Shaping Project
Support Stage 1 Construction and Stage 2 Development
The ACT Government is fully committed to ensuring Canberra is one of the world's most liveable and competitive cities. Connected through smart public transport they have outlined its commitment to continuing to build an integrated public transport network in Canberra.
With a crucial first step to this multi-mode transport network currently under construction through Stage 1 of the Light Rail Network, Transport Canberra (on behalf of ACT Government) will deliver a city shaping transport network that will provide an integrated, convenient, reliable and efficient transport solution for Canberra's growing population.
It is an exciting time for the Nation's Capital and a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Professional whose expertise and significant experience will contribute to the efficient delivery of the Light Rail Stage 2.
A number of key roles exist across the engineering scope of the project team reporting to the Director Technical Development working and liaising closely with staff and project advisors across Transport Canberra Light Rail (TCLR), Canberra Metro, Independent Certifier, Technical Advisor/s and within the ACT Government as necessary.
The key roles are:
- Senior Manager Engineering Light Rail
- Manager Engineering Support
- Manager Planning and Environment
- Manager Utilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of these key roles:
- Manage negotiation of Interface Agreements between the ACT Government stakeholder
- Manage TCLR input into Commissioning and Operational Readiness planning
- Manage planning and environmental considerations and approvals.
- Manage TCLR input into System and Safety Assurance activities
- Assisting Senior Design Managers, Urban Design Advisor and Director Technical Development in brokering agreements between various government agencies
Success in this role will be achieved by having the following:
- Demonstrated expertise operating in complex engineering projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management involving complex interactions between contractual and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in co-ordinating the input of multiple stakeholders, including brokering agreements between parties with conflicting drivers.
- General understanding of design principles and processes for civil infrastructure
- Degree in Engineering or other relevant tertiary qualification.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Experience of PPP, D&C or related contract forms.
- Experience in delivery of public infrastructure.
To apply for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Matthew Smee or Sarah Jennings at Hudson Global Resources on 02 6229 1540 or email lightrailACT@hudson.com quoting the job title.
This role is open to Australian Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.