Financial Accountant - 6 Months Temp to Perm
Sydney Inner, NSW, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Salary: 40.00 -> 45.00 Per year
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Recognised Financial services orgainisation in the heart of Sydney CBD
Take responsibility for all New Zealand enities
*Looking for Immediately available candidates or those on a 1 week notice period
Financial Accountant - 6 Month Contract (Temp to Perm)
- Recognised Financial services orgainisation in the heart of Sydney CBD
- Take responsibility for all New Zealand enities
- Looking for Immediately available candidates or those on a 1 week notice period!
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and technically strong Financial Accountant to join a recognised financial services organisation in the heart of the Sydney CBD. This will be an initial 6 month contract with the opportunity to be made permanent for a high performer. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller this role will look after all New Zealand entities. You will work closely with the New Zealand Finance Manager and several operational staff and perform the accounting and reporting related activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Key Duties will include;
- Administer the end to end accounting month closure process within 3 day deadline and complete financial reporting to US Head Office using HFM. This includes revenue streams and associated fixed and variable expenses
- Analyze the monthly management trial balance to ensure the accuracy of the monthly account movements.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for all required accounts to ensure integrity of the accounts.
- Management of one off additional tasks, including FT intercompany business transfers, debtor reconciliation and expense accruals, as required
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly GST (BAS)
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors as required
- NZ statutory returns and other project work including but not limited to process and system improvements
- Payroll Accounting & Trust account reconciliations.
- Other Ad-hoc tasks/ reports as required
Essential Skills & Criteria
- Qualified/ Nearly qualified (CA, CPA or equivalent)
- At least 3 years experience within a similar role, including experience with month end/ year end processes including statutory financial statement preparation and audit.
- Financial Services experience is essential
- Technically strong, diligent, self motivated and focused
- Excellent communication skills is pivotal in this role
- Experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Good understanding of IFRS/ ASX listing rule.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting & Oracle systems (desired)
- Advanced excel and problem solving skills
Please apply online or direct to email@example.com
This role would suit a high performer from a financial services/ chartered/ mid tier background looking to move into a hands on role. You must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills and be able to build key relationships with senior level stakeholders. If this sounds like you then please apply online today or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org