GIS Developer - 6 month Contract
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
6 Month contract with large government department + further 6 month extension
Brisbane CBD location
- 6 Month contract with large government department -potential for further 6 months extension
- Brisbane CBD location
- Support the Business Group through the development of cartographic products and provision of GIS support.
- Prepare reports, statistical analysis and recommendations on GIS matters as required.
- Perform analysis, design, implement and maintain GIS systems.
- Consult with departmental staff to ascertain requirements, conducting needs analysis, design, development and maintenance on a wide variety of spatial information systems.
- Maintain legacy technologies and assist in the migration to new modern web-based technologies.
- Demonstrated practical experience in the programming and maintenance of web-based and modern object-oriented software.
- Demonstrates practical experience in the operation of GIS-based software including data manipulation, programming and cartography.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with a range of GIS users from expert to novice.
- Demonstrates analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates communication (written and verbal) liaison and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience is the development and support of web-based and object-oriented information technology systems with proven skills in the following:
- C#, ASP.Net
- Minimum of one year experience in the development and support of geographic information technology systems with proven skills in the following:
- Enterprise GIS applications
- GIS technologies which must include at minimum ESRI products
- Multi-tiered architectures
- Degree Majoring in Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology or related disciplines from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Oracle Spatial 11g+.
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented contractor who has demonstrated knowledge and experience in Information Technology, particular, in complex GIS-based software and data.
The successful candidate will be able to work to tight deadlines while handling multiple tasks with effective prioritization and enjoy solving complex technical problems using IT solutions to deliver value to our clients' businesses.
Duties of the role
Within the context of the duties described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who:
Enquiries can be made to Soraya at Hudson in our Brisbane office on (07) 3258 8401 quoting Ref. No. 4A/17295.. Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.