GIS Officer | Map Info
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Salary: -> 450.00 per day
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Initial contract to start ASAP until 30 June with possible extension - $450/day
Brisbane CBD Location | Good understanding of spatial data management principals
MapInfo Professional 32 and 64 bit skills
Our client, a large complex government organisation, are currently seeking 2 x GIS Officers to undertake an established process to review and edit approximately 7500 existing transport corridor gazettal workspaces and map outputs (gazettal plans) for Queensland, using MapInfo Professional 12.5.2 (32bit) and MapInfo Professional 15.2.2 (64 bit).
- To apply a defined process to check, edit, test and make operational all existing gazettal MapInfo workspaces
- To check, edit and finalise all gazettal plans for the Transport Corridors Governance Project (TCGP).
- Rectifying workspaces for an LGA
- Examining and diagnosing "broken" MapInfo workspaces then applying an appropriate repair.
- Repointing all workspaces to the authoritative data sources.
- Check workspaces for conformance to the current technical specification. Correct as required.
- Check workspaces for conformance to the current cartographic specification. Correct as required.
- Editing and finalising gazettal plans for an LGA
- Check existing draft plans against draft Mapping Style Guide (the guide) and feedback received from the project team and District GIS officers.
- Edit plans to conform to the guide and feedback received.
- Finalise plans to the satisfaction of the Project Manager.
- Undertake workspace review and correction under the general guidance of the project technical lead. The project technical lead will be based within Corporate GIS and Spatial Data team.
- Undertake gazettal plans review, edits and finalisation under the general guidance of the project technical lead and to the satisfaction of the Project Manager.
- Have sound MapInfo Professional 32 and 64 bit skills.
- Have a good understanding of spatial data management principals.
- Be able to apply themselves to repetitive processes.
- Have an ability to apply QA processes to repetitive tasks.
- Develop a working relationship with the District GIS units.
- Take direction from the project technical lead.
Description and scope:
The tasks will cover all the workspaces and gazettal plans, but focus on one local government area (LGA) at a time (as directed by the Project Manager). The tasks will involve:
Work to be performed using MapInfo Professional v12.5.2 (32 bit) and MapInfo Professional v15.2.2 (64 bit).
Roles and responsibilities:
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17532.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.