Insights Analyst - Government
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 10/03/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
State Government Opportunity
VPS4 - VPS5 Role
An experienced VPS4 - VPS5 Insights Analyst is required for a 6 month contract with a Victorian State Government Department. Starting in March, you will be responsible for extensive analysis and statistical research, and the collation and presentation of data, in relation to a road safety program, infringement management and enforcement and other policy matters as directed.
Advanced computer skills are required in this role and you must be able to assist in the development and preparation of projects based on appropriate statistical analysis, modelling and data mining.
As part of your role, you will be required to:
- Lead key analytics projects, including engaging with stakeholders to define and agree the project scope, milestones and deliverables.
- Translate data into insights via models and segmentations; and then into a digestible format for business stakeholders that is clearly expressive of the key relationships identified within the data and the business value associated with using these insights to drive business decisions.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data to provide fact driven insight on how risk is being managed, where business performance can be improved or how future defendant behaviour can be proactively anticipated to drive debt collection campaign effectiveness
- Develop propensity and segmentation models in order to predict customer behaviour and to enable debt collection campaigns
- Manage the delivery of post campaign analysis, be responsible for the campaign analytics solution framework and conduct evaluation for return on investment of the different multi-channel campaigns run by IMES
- Efficiently translate complex concepts and data in to clear and actionable insights and commentary. Possess the ability to tell a clear and coherent story based on the data that logically walks the reader through the critical insights and makes required actions obvious
As the successful application, you will be able to demonstrate the following technical expertise:
- Efficient in SAS and SQL programming, efficiency in R programming is desirable
- Efficient in the use of data visualisation software QlikSense and TIBCO Spotfire
- Efficient in analysis of large and complex datasets.
- Practical understanding of the end to end infringement system in Victoria is desirable
- Good understanding of best practice project management principles - PRINCE2 or PMP
Prior experience within a Government department is highly favourable.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV and a short cover letter or connect with Nellie Romanova on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/nellieromanova for a confidential discussion.