Java Team Lead
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Salary: AUD 120000.00 -> 140000.00 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Work in the Healthcare Sector
Great company with an inclusive, collaborative culture
Are you a charismatic, tech-savvy individual who's passionate about health care?
My client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to lead their team of developers and testers. They are one of the most technologically advanced health services companies in Australia.
Through innovative broadband-based technologies, they are aiming to transform the way in which health care is managed and delivered. In so doing, it will provide significant economic and social benefits to the nation. As one of the employees in the company, you will be expected to contribute to and benefit from this growth.
What's on offer?
A competitive salary that is commensurate with your skills and experience. This role represents an exciting opportunity for you to play a critical role in the much-needed reform of the chronic disease and care coordination sector. This role will nurture your skills and provide you with opportunities for growth in a sector notoriously difficult to enter.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and mentor the Java development team
- Liaise with management to define requirements
- Advise on platform and architecture to support development, deployment and further enhancement of product functionality
- Work with CTO and Product Manager to create and manage the development schedule that identifies priorities and indicates delivery dates
- Java/J2EE development
- Advanced knowledge of database systems including SQL query development and optimisation
- Experience with persistence frameworks such as Hibernate
- Experience development RESTful web services
- Experience working with Java based testing frameworks (JUnit, PowerMock, EasyMock)
- Comfortable working in a UNIX command line, including shell scripting
- Experience using distributed version control systems (Mercurial / Git)
Key tech skills required:
If this sounds like you then please apply below, or call Allan Applebee on 03 9623 6668 for more information.