Legal Roles - Expression of Interest
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 14/03/2017
Salary: 34.00 -> 35.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
High Profile Government Departments
Contracts of varying lengths - typical contacts of 1-6 months - Immediate Starts
AO Legal Support Roles / PO Legal Officer Roles
Hudson is currently sourcing experienced Legal personnel for high profile Queensland State Government Departments.
As a result of recent high demand, we are looking for high caliber candidates who are interested in temporary opportunities
As a Legal Support Officer / Legal Assistant; you can expect to complete a variety tasks, the primary purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and administrative support to the legal team with the following on a day to day basis:
- File management including opening and closing files
- Conducting Legal Research
- Large amount of data capturing
- Organising files; compiling documents
- General administrative duties
- Transcribing dictations
Successful candidates will have prior demonstrated experienced supporting a team in a legal environment.
As a PO Legal Officer, you will be expected to provide high quality legal and legal policy advice to the department and the registry and will support the delivery of high quality tribunal and registry services.
Your key tasks may include:
- Provide high quality legal and legal policy advice to the registry in particular the Executive Director and Principal Registrar on a range of legal and policy issues arising from the jurisdiction, potential jurisdiction and business of the tribunal.
- Provide high quality legal and legal policy advice to the president and deputy president about issues arising from the jurisdiction of the tribunal
- Conduct research into the legal implications of decisions made by the tribunal and decisions made by relevant courts on issues affecting the matters within the jurisdiction of the tribunal and make appropriate recommendations
- Answer enquiries of a complex nature about legal issues relating to matters within the jurisdiction of the tribunal including from time to time enquiries by members of the public
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders
Please note: PO Level roles require the candidate to have Admission or eligibility for immediate admission, as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland.
The successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in the above areas of law across a diverse range of operations and a solid background in civil, commercials and administrative law.
Your highly developed analytical and strategic skills will be well regarded, as will excellent interpersonal skills.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jennifer Harper in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8426 quoting reference number BX46208
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.