Regional Wollongong, Illawara & South Coast, NSW, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Salary: 30.00 -> 35.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Opportunity within the State Government
Attractive hourly rate for an initial 6 month contract
Wollongong location - close to public transport, shops and beaches
A contract Payroll Officer Position has become available within a State Government organisation located in the Wollongong. The company requires an immediately available Payroll Officer contractor.
This role is to maintain and process the personnel and payroll functions, ensuring all employees receive the correct entitlements and that accurate records are maintained.
- Maintain and process the fortnightly payroll for employees (full time, part time and casual)
- Administering workers compensation
- entitlements, legislation and communicating to employees and other stakeholders
- Action, administer, check and process starters, terminations, maternity leave & annual leave payroll
- calculating salary payments (additions and deductions)
- Generate various reporting
- Update and verify accuracy of data and personnel records
- Background in payroll with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Exceptional communication both written and spoken
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- A great positive attitude and able to work towards tight deadlines
In return, you will receive $30/hr - $35/hr dependant on candidate and experience.