Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posted on: 21/03/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Contract assignment with possibility ofextension
Work with a large team to develop your career
Hudson is a leading provider of specialist recruitment in Adelaide. We value our contractors and work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities, always looking for the best fit for both you and our client.
Our client is a well known SA Government department, which supports, develops and manages community stakeholders in line with relevant legislation.
Our client is seeking the services of an experienced Policy officer for an initial 1-3 month engagement, with opportunity to extend. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation
- Undertake research and collate information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to contribute to the achievement of policy outcomes
- Providing expert advice on policy development and implementation, complex problem solving and issues management for internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing and reviewing draft policy reports, briefing papers, speeches and discussion papers for presentation to senior staff and the Senior Executive
- Developing and interpreting policy and regulation
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to, assess impacts, risks and benefits
- Fantastic written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to proactively develop productive working relationships and effectively interact with relevant stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded
A DCSI clearance (or the willingness to obtain one) will be required for this role.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link.
Alternatively, if you'd like to know more, please contact Megan Kelly in our Adelaide office on 08 8223 8825.
All interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.