Principal Electrical Engineer - Building Projects
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on: 17/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
This an exceptional opportunity to change your lifestyle and move to the nation's capital Canberra to enjoy great travel times to work, fantastic lifestyle benefits and challenging work and projects.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer with strong Design Experience you strive to be involved in and lead challenging projects for clients building design needs. This is an incredible opportunity to lead a large scope of projects for the firm's clients across a range of building types, both refurbishment and new builds. You will be instantly transitioning your capability and expertise to these critical projects supported by a capable team across the Building Services Group.
The company has a exceptionally strong brand in the engineering consultancy market and has a reputation for delivering excellence in design and ensuring clients can trust the lifecycle of their building services assets.
About the Role
As a result of current workload and ongoing pipeline of work, the team is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer with appropriate tertiary qualifications, and experience between of approximately 10
- 20 years in delivering electrical engineering designs within the building services market. The responsibilities of the roles range in line with previous experience, aspirations and capabilities.
- Conceptual to detailed design of electrical building services design
- Overseeing drafting and documentation processes
- Client liaison, client engagement, and management
- Project Management
- Working with other consultants, architects and planning authorities
- Understanding and experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience ranging from 5 years to 15 years
- Sound knowledge and expertise in the full range of electrical building services for a variety of building projects
- A strong knowledge of the appropriate Australian building codes and regulations
- The ability to work collaboratively with other consultants
- Client Liaison and project management experience
The roles incorporate the following:
Key Criteria for the Role
To be successful in these roles you will need the following:
What's on Offer
This position represents a great career opportunity with a well established firm with a reputation for excellence and delivering high quality project outcomes. Your role will be supported by an attractive remuneration package and continued career growth while working with like minded engineers and a collaborative team.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a highly experienced Consultant with over 14 years experience in the Construction and Engineering market in Canberra, please call Matthew Smee - Managing Consultant - Hudson - on 02 6229 1522 or email email@example.com