Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Salary: 57.00 -> 69.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
VPS5 - 12week contract initially
One of the major State Government Departments has provided an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist (VPS5) to join their procurement team. Working within a division that works as a catalyst to drive improved professional practice, you will have a focus on ICT.
As a Procurement Specialist you will:
- Prepare simple and clear procurement documents
- Actively manage commitment and expenditure against agreed deliverables and resolve any discrepancy promptly.
- Manage end-to-end procurement of the ICT category
- Negotiate KPIs with suppliers
- Manage and maintain accurate data, records, and information within the purchasing environment
- Support the Business Unit to undertake efficient and effective transactional procurement activities
- Prior experience of Ariba and Victorian government processes
- Proven expert knowledge and experience in commercial end-to-end procurement
- Ability to plan and manage business critical procurement activities
- Demonstrable experience in writing procurement documents including the content developed for RFQ
- Ability to provide procurement advice to internal stakeholders and assess procurement requirements.
- Ability to draft effective contracts and provide contract management advice and support
To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate:
As Procurement Specialist you will add significant value to the organisation and continue to develop your experience. You will be part of a strong procurement team that is collaborative, value driven and has a great culture. An excellent opportunity to develop your skills in public service procurement.
Like to know more? To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Anderson in our Melbourne office on 03 9623 6710, quoting Ref No. 3A/23884.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.