Senior Claims Specialist
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 20/04/2017
Salary: AUD 155000.00 -> 156000.00 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Salary package starting at $156,000 p/a
Inclusive team environment within the Medical Indemnity division
CBD location in a Statutory Authority
An Insurance provider is looking for a Senior Claims Specialist to sit within the Medical Indemnity division.
Within this role you will utilise your medico-legal background to assume responsibility for the management of a broad portfolio of clients, dealing with a variety of claims within the public health system.
This is a high level role which will require in-depth analysis and identification of claims trends across the entire public health system in Victoria, partnering with key stakeholders to minimise insursance risk. This role will see you assume responsibility for the management of a portfolio of clients, building and maintaining relationships and mentoring junior colleagues within the team.
Within this role you will utilise your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the law relating to insurance claims liabilities (including dispute management)
- Experience in managing claims within the medico-legal sector
- Expertise to educate and build client knowledge on emerging trends and stategies aimed at reducing the cost and incidence of claims whilst improving business operating practices
- The capacity to develop mediation and negotiation strategies to facilitate the effective and efficient management and settlement of significant claims
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder skills
- Tertiary qualification in law or other related discipline
- A proven track record of successful legal/litigation management of significant, complex and/or insurance claims
Additionally, you will have:
Functioning within a high performance team, this exciting opportunity offers diversity and engagement within an inclusive and fun environment, encouraging work-life balance and flexible working arrangements.
If this sounds like you, please apply below or alternatively call Alexandra Fildes on 9623 6550.