Senior Engagement (Consumer) & Policy Officer
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Incredibly Interesting and diverse role
Immediate Start | VPS5 Level role
Initial 6 month Contract + potential extensions
Snr Engagement (Consumer) & Policy Officer, background in public policy with experience in community engagement, communication and facilitation.
This is a really interesting role. You will have extensive Consumer or Community Consultation experience, but with a background in both Communications and Public Policy. The successful candidate will visit communities and deliver a roadshows to raise awareness of a really useful Government pricing tool available to all Victorians. This is an exceptional free product offered that not many are using that can result in significant savings to households.
Embedded in the Policy Team, you will use your strong experience in Public Policy to work with the Strategic Communications team to ensure messaging is correct. This team will have ownership of the product, and once produced, together with your advice, you can hit the ground running engaging communities in Melbourne Metro and regional areas.
Immediate start. Initial 6 month Contract + potential extensions. Rate is VPS5 level equivalent from $57.30 per hour + Super
- improve public awareness of a Victorian Government's price comparison tool by conducting information sessions for different stakeholders including members of the public
- undertake energy consumer engagement research and analysis
- provide support to the branch by preparing briefings and correspondence to various stakeholders and the public on consumer policy and related matters
- provide support to the branch by reviewing and updating consumer information on a number of key websites
- work closely with the Strategic Communications branch to:
- run procurement processes for professional and other services to support the delivery of a communications strategy and campaign to raise awareness of the tool and innovations in pricing and;
- ensure coordination of key messaging and communication of consumer policies on behalf of the branch
- be familiar with and contribute as needed to relevant campaigns being run by the Department and key stakeholders
- support development and implementation of any communication and engagement strategies in relation to and the introduction of new forms of pricing
- support the design and production of other consumer campaign and promotional material.
You will have broad skills across Public Policy, Community Consultation/Engagement and Communications. An Energy background or exposure will be highly regarded, but not mandatory. You will have strong Public Sector background.
Why apply with Hudson?
Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we value our contractors. We hope for a long and lasting relationship with you. You are not just another application to us. We work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities over and again, searching extensively for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please click Apply Now! For a confidential discussion, please contact Renee Noble at Hudson in Melbourne on 03 9623 6794.