Senior Financial Accountant - 3 Month Contract
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 20/03/2017
Salary: 45.00 -> 55.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
3 Month Contract
Government Expereince Essential
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic government accounting team on a three month contract. Due to year end commitments they require an experienced senior financial accountant to come on board an assist in their asset accounting unit.
This role presents as a golden opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to use their previous fixed asset experience to make a real impact while providing recommendations for ongoing mechanisms and controls to be set up. This is a three month contract, reporting to the Finance Manager. Your role would take responsibility for the department's asset policies relating to property, plant and equipment. In this role you will also act as a key accounting point of contact for all CAPEX and OPEX queries.
- Understanding of asset accounting and processes
- Ensure processes are documented
- Prepare for financial audits
- Lead the delivery of projects for process improvements
- Ability to analyze transactional data both CAPEX and OPEX and make recommendations
- Provide detailed process maps to ensure compliance with regulatory standardsAbout you:
- Previous government experience is essential
- Strong asset accounting knowledge
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting/Business/Financial Analytics or equivalent professional experience (mandatory)
- Advanced excel skills (mandatory)
- CPA/CA Qualification (preferable)
Why apply with Hudson?
Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we value our contractors. We hope for a long and lasting relationship with you. You are not just another application to us. We work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities over and again, searching extensively for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now!
How to Apply: To submit your application, please click Apply Now! For a confidential discussion, please contact John Madden at Hudson in Melbourne on 03 9623 6570.