Senior Java Developer / DevOps - Contract
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 17/02/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
5 month contract with potential for extension
Hourly rates - with flexible working hours
Utilise your architectural and DevOps skills to migrate applications to cloud
- 5 month contract with potential for extension
- Hourly rates - with flexible working hours
- Utilise your architectural skills and provide advice to the existing team
Join a reputable organisation to redesign and redevelop a large number of applications using Java. Utilise your architectural and DevOps skills and prepare applications for migration to cloud.
My client is looking for a Senior Java Developer for a contract for a period 5 months to assist them with redesigning and redeveloping a large number of PL/SQL applications into Java Applications. They require a senior Java developer who has extensive experience with coding as well as migrating applications to cloud.
The candidate with be performing hands on Java programming as well as providing advice and sharing best practice techniques to making applications "cloud ready". You will be a member of the team and will be sharing information when necessary. The candidate must have practical experience working in cloud environments and be confident with migrating applications to cloud.
- Experience with designing large scale Java applications which are cloud ready
- Experience with Continuous Integration, automated deployment and DevOps tools
- Experience with PL/SQL, My SQL and Oracle
- Experience with Linux and Unix administration
- Micro services Architecture
- Modern design principals
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience with Grails is desirable
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- AWS is ideal but not mandatory
- Excellent problem solving skills, collaboration skills
- A team player with highly developed communication skills
Experience working in Agile teamsEnquiries can be made to Soraya Hosseini at Hudson in our Brisbane office on (07) 3258 8401 quoting Ref. No. 4A/17346. Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.