Senior Media Advisor
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 15/03/2017
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Government AO6 full time contract
Media management (Proactive and Reactive)
Communications and Crisis Management
In the role of Senior Media Advisor you will effectively position the organisation's services, initiatives, strategies, policies and outputs, principally through the provision of media relations, issues management and crisis communication.
2 month contract with with an optional extension period of up to 2 mths, if required. Full time hourly rate.
- Deal directly with the media in both proactively and reactively and/or as directed by the Manager (Media).
- Anticipate, identify and analyse major/sensitive/media/political issues and prepare appropriate responses or strategies for senior stakeholders.
- Provide general media and communication advice to a range of stakeholders, including preparation for potential major and sensitive issues before they arise.
- Participate in communication networks both within the organisation and with external organisations and represent where appropriate the organisation on media enquiries.
- Assist in coordinating media activities across the Division and provide support to other communication sections when necessary.
- Research and prepare a range of media and communications material such as media releases, responses, presentations, briefing notes and speeches.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate communication models, addressing a wide range of communication activities, such as issues and crisis management.
- On call availability via roster
- Acts proactively (Vision)
- Self-directed (can decide on a course of action without needing step-by-step instruction)
- Works flexibly without supervision (manages new and unexpected events and knows when to escalate issues)
- Focuses on customers (Vision)
- Actively works to understand customers and stakeholders
- Engages customers in a friendly and appropriate manner
- Shows respect for customers and stakeholders
- Focuses on performance (Results)
- Seeks clarity of tasks, asks questions, knows what is expected of them
- Energetically approaches challenges
- Sets priorities and organises self to meet deadlines
- Reports progress and any potential delays or issues which may impact on others
- Manages internal and external relationships (Results)
- Written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- Models open communication. Actively and attentively listens to others.
- Demonstrates a friendly and engaging interpersonal style
- Build networks with peers
- Works collaboratively with others
- Models professional and ethical behaviour (Accountability)
- Acts in accordance with the QPS legislative framework and Code of Conduct
- Models ethical behaviour and consistently applies those ethical standards to self and others
- Is consistent in word and actions
- Is viewed as trustworthy, honourable and truthful and respectful of the views of others
- Able to understand, monitor and channel their own emotions in a positive way whilst staying true to self
- Displays rigour in analysis (Accountability)
- Rigorously researches and analyses information relevant to tasks
- Shows judgement in decision making
This role reports to the Manager (Media).
The information in this section outlines the basis of assessment of your suitability for the organisation and the role.
Role/Occupational specific Capabilities:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reply to Vera Geng with your resume in Microsoft Word format in response to this ad by clicking Apply below.