Social Media Writer - Government sector
Melbourne East, VIC, Australia
Posted on: 11/03/2017
Salary: 35.00 -> 40.00 Per hour
Job type: Temporary/Contract
Approx. $35-$40 per hour plus Super
Full-time, 2-3 month assignment, immediate start
Eastern suburb location
Our client, a local government authority, requires an experienced Social Media Writer for a full-time 2-3 month contract assignment. Reporting on to the Media and Digital Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for
- Writing and editing across a range of product and delivery platforms including media releases, stories, speeches, newsletters, reports
- Advanced online communications skills including social media and online channels
- Translating complex language into engaging and audience appropriate content
- Website administration and the ability to manage a website redesign process
- Experience working within a local government environment ideally
- Professional writing training and experience
- Competency in website management and Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- A self-motivated team player with a can do, proactive attitude.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Marketing/Communications/Business or equivalent
As well as being energetic and extremely motivated with an outgoing personality, the skills and experience you will need to demonstrate include:
Experience and Skills:
How to apply?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below forwarding a copy of your resume and cover letter highlighting your online and social media experience and suitability for the role. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Edgardo Robinson on 03 9535 8240 quoting Ref No. BX/46202.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.