Technology Portfolio Investment Analyst
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on: 21/03/2017
Salary: AUD 138000.00 -> 145000.00 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Brisbane Airport Location
Permanent role with Autonomy
Salary up to $145K plus super plus benefits
The Technology Portfolio Management Services business unit's objective is to develop and manage the technology portfolio in line with the enterprise portfolio management approach (P3M). It will achieve this by developing and maintaining technology portfolio roadmaps that reflect business priorities, inform investment planning and help to shape stakeholder demand.
Purpose of the role
As a Technology Portfolio Investment Analyst in the Technology Portfolio Management Services business unit the person holding this role will engage with the wider enterprise to contribute to the production and on-going management of technology portfolio roadmaps. The specific contribution will be to provide informed analysis of the return on investment and benefits realisation of proposed new solutions and modifications to extant solutions to meet customer service needs.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the rest of the enterprise as the conduit for requests for technology change and update.
- Using that relationship with the business to elicit requirements and analyse the potential return on investment and benefits realisation of the proposed new services or changes to existing services with other service design, delivery and lifecycle support contributors within IM&T.
- Contribute to the development and manage a technology portfolio management framework.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a technology services catalogue
- Contribute to the development and ongoing management of technology portfolio roadmap(s) including the production of preliminary costed business cases for the included proposals.
- Provide a level of technology portfolio management continuity/retention of knowledge within the company
- Collaborate with management and staff of IM&T and contribute actively and positively in support of the Technology Portfolio Management Services Manager.
- Manage own performance in ways that earn the team's trust, including consistent modelling of required behaviour and adopting corporate values.
- Communicating effectively and appropriately with people in the immediate team, those in other teams within IM&T, business Groups in the organisation and external parties.
- Managing relationships with nominated Corporate or Operational business Groups including senior management and staff, such as the CEO and Executive.
- Ensure there is a consistent approach and purpose in all work undertaken to achieve operational excellence and business objectives in the provision of ICT services.
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of the methods and techniques to develop and manage a technology portfolio.
- Knowledge and understanding of foundational ICT technologies.
- Ability to develop and implement governance frameworks and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply cost and value modelling techniques and methods to a proposed applications and infrastructure portfolio.
- Understanding of and ability to develop and apply balanced scorecard models to assessing the return on investment and benefits realisation of proposed applications and infrastructure portfolio
- A proven ability to exercise initiative and judgment in both an independent and team situation
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to liaise and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders about highly confidential and sensitive issues
- A knowledge and commitment to the principles and practices of Equity and Diversity, the OH&S (CE) Act and its Regulations
- Essential: Degree or diploma qualifications in Engineering or Information Communications Technology;
Technical Capabilities and Experience
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8380, quoting Ref No. 4B/25540