Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand
Posted on: 21/03/2017
Job type: Permanent
Highly regarded company in the engineering field
Stable workforce and challenging/varied work
Career opportunities and great training
We are seeking applications from trade qualified or equivalent experienced Field Service Engineer / technicians as our Maintenance Engineer. This position will be responsible for the maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of a broad spectrum of manufacturing equipment within the business. This is a hands-on position that is to strengthen the mechanical/electrical support within our existing maintenance team and an advanced knowledge of Multi axis CNC machines would be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications / Experience
A Mechanical/Electrical trade qualification and at least 5 years post trade experience in a Maintenance environment.
- Experience in the maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of multi axis CNC mills, lathes, turning centre's, borers.
- An understanding of ladder logic and fault diagnostics is essential, along with a working knowledge of operating systems and platforms such as Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain.
- Practical experience with any of the following machine tool makes is extremely desirable: Mori Seiki, Okuma and Toyoda.
- Experience in the repair or replacement: Spindles, Automatic Tool Changers, Automatic Pallet Changers, Ball screws, Linear Guides and Servo Systems.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable record in specialised fields such as machine installation/ alignment, operation, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge and experience with safe systems of work, including the control of contractors on site.
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting approach.
- Ability to use electrical troubleshooting equipment.
- Knowledge of modern maintenance techniques, technologies and systems.
- Can work under own initiative.
- Ability to use full range of CNC machinery alignment and levelling equipment.
- Can read and understand electrical /mechanical schematics.
- Provide shift support
- Primarily a day shift role, but with the requirement to provide afternoon shift support on a one week in four rotation.
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate your experience, relevant training and qualifications. All applicants must be available to work shifts and/or be flexible to meet the operational requirements of the business.
Apply confidentially to Tracey Clarke at Hudson quoting Ref # 9G/09538 or call 03 977 8593 for a confidential discussion.