Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand
Posted on: 21/04/2017
Job type: Permanent
Challenging opportunity in Christchurch
Fantastic team environment
Innovative work place
Our client has a challenging and exciting career opportunity to join their team as a Network Administrator in the not too distant future. The key function of this role is to provide support to the IT Systems and Network ensuring it is kept up to date and running smoothly.
The Network Administrator responsibilities/duties will include (not limited to):
- Installing network and computer systems
- Maintaining, reviewing, repairing and upgrading network systems and IT security
- Monitoring network and systems to improve performance
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures
- Provide technical support and expertise to projects when required
- Provide reports on current infrastructure and capacity planning including scheduled and completed preventative maintenance and upgrades
- Assist in configuration control and relevant documentation accuracy by recording as built, changes and upgrade documentation.
- Proven experience with Cisco Networking -routing, switching and firewalls
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Excellent experience within a virtualized environment (VMWare)
- Windows Server Management
- Hands-on networking skills are essential
- CCNA or CCNP Certified
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting core technologies found in ISP environments.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
You will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, be self-motivated and have an ability to work in a dynamic environment within a professional and friendly team. Additionally you will have highly developed communication skills that enable you to build relationships with stakeholders.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lorna Grubb- Associate Consultant Technology & Digital in our Christchurch office on 03 977 8592, quoting Ref No. BZ/42464. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.