Automation Testing Practice Manager
Posted on: 18/4/2017
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a multi-national banking organization seeking a very experienced and hands-on Automation Testing Practice Manager.
The Test Engineering team, part of the group Governance and Change organization, are seeking a Senior Development Lead or Development Manager be be an Automation Practice Manager in the Test Engineering Team based in Singapore. The candidate should have a passion for quality delivery, Agile and automation in all its dimensions and possess a solid track record of software delivery, solution design and stakeholder management. The candidate would have a strong knowledge of DevOps and Agile delivery practices, as well as a disciplined approach to planning, execution and reporting. The candidate will develop part of a bank-wide consultancy function, be expected to own and represent the specialist capacity to a section of the Bank, bootstrapping automation teams from hiring advice to tool usage, design automation strategies for project and application teams, engaging at the very beginning of projects or later in a project life-cycle to ensure that planning and resourcing of automated test design and execution is properly conducted by the project, and to raise the quality of specification and planning across the Bank in general. While project teams will normally own detailed planning, authoring and execution activities, the Automation Practice Manager may be expected to engage and even execute on complex projects, so a strong element of individual contribution is expected, and candidates must be prepared for and relish this. The candidate may be expected to build and lead up to 3 to 5 Engineers, yet still be capable of performing hands-on as required. The role will require on-going engagement with a broad constituency across the bank, dealing with teams' project, development and testing who are at varying stages of technology and test methodology adoption. Strong time-management, negotiation and prioritisation skills for oneself and others is essential. The ability to successfully communicate with senior management and business stakeholders is essential. Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Engages with testing and development teams across the bank.
* Effectively manage multiple stakeholder demands and expectations while maintaining quality and delivery
* Engages with vendors and architects to determine strategic direction in terms of application testability.
* Evaluates and implements new technologies personally, in line with bank strategy.
* Documents and publishes standards and procedures.
* Keeps current with new practice and technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
* Hands-on software development capability for framework creation and extension
* Potentially lead and mentor a small team of Engineers
* Works with security and compliance teams to ensure solutions conform to bank and industry standards.
* Drives high quality engineering solutions for the bank's business needs
* Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and QA for Automated Testing.
* Identifies and recommends new technology or practices that will add value to the organization in terms of performance and cost
* Undertakes continuous improvement for the practice and domain internally and within federated teams.
Key Must-Have Requirements
You must have done the following:
* QTP, HP ALM, Selenium, Test Partner, Silk test, VC++, VB, Core Java (or) Advanced Java, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Quality Centre, HP Service Virtualization, CA Lisa, SOAP UI, HP UFT (Unified Functional Testing).
* Regression Testing, Functional Automation Testing, Java Development, .Net Development
* Established test manager with 10 or more years working at an enterprise level
* Background in various disciplines is essential, such as test automation, planning, strategy, authoring, execution, with a significant period
* of time inside a testing team
* The ability to articulate use cases, document requirements, and provide management summary information for proof of concepts and
* Solid understanding of the role and value of Agile, DevOps, software QA/Testing
* Broad interest in test execution and practices
* Automation testing experience encompassing planning, scheduling, data management, environments, reporting.
* An understanding of Unix and Windows host operating systems, networking and related logistics.
* Experience with Compliance and Regulatory constraints required.
* Knowledge of Virtualised and cloud environments useful.
* Familiarity with orchestration and workflows an advantage.
* An understanding of DevOps and related technology is a significant advantage.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates would be considered.