Cybersecurity Service Operations Centre (SOC) Manager
Posted on: 16/3/2017
Job type: Permanent
To provide leadership and management in operating an advanced 24x7 Security Operations Centre (SOC)
CyberSecurity Operations Centre (SOC) Manager
You as a Cybersecurity Operations Centre (SOC) Manager needs to be knowledgeable in supervising/ coaching/ managing/ developing such skills/ incidents/ responses/ manpower resources and the whole SOC operation, system uptime, client management, report preparation and presentation, integration of new cyber techniques and methodologies, etc.
To provide leadership and management in operating an advanced 24x7 Cybersecurity Operations Centre (SOC) to ensure efficient and seamless operations of the Cybersecurity SOC, including managing and directing all aspects of the SOC operations and ensuring long term sustainability of the SOC platform.
* Lead and manage the operation of a 24x7 Cybersecurity Operation Centre (SOC) including the deployment of security tools and systems; monitoring, detection, analysis and correlation of security threats, training and deployment of SOC shift personnel.
* Establish and review SOC SOPs and policies to ensure compliance with SLAs, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
* Provide timely and relevant update on security incidents, trends, analyses, response resolutions and any other relevant information required.
* Evolve and enhance the SOC security platform to ensure it will be ahead of the security threats.
* Bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
* At least 5 years of relevant working experiences, preferably in an SOC or MSSP environment.
* You should come from Leading Managed Service Providers or Organisations who create and sell the service
* Candidates with at least 8 years of relevant working experience in leading large scale IT security projects or operations will be considered as well.
* You should be well knowledge of the local market IT Security requirements in a large Service Provider environment.
* G50 total clearance is required due to all the sensitive levels required for clearance with the public sector projects the client is managing.
* Extensive knowledge of networking and network security products, technologies, and protocols.
* Up-to-date knowledge of current vulnerabilities, attacks and counter-measures, as well as all security related news and developments.
* Relevant professional security certifications would be prioritised (OSSA, CISSP, CISM, GCIH, CEH etc) only.
* Hands-on leadership with high level of discernment in dealing with emergency and/or tense situations.